Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Granola Bars

I was going to write about church and friends houses and birthday party and how we are handling these things in regards to food. But let's be honest it's all still being figured out. And to be more honest it's been a rough day emotionally today and I just don't feel like talking about church or friends because I'm frustrated with the first and I'm lonely and miss my friends today. So when one doesn't want to talk about those things I'm left with the other thing I do all the time now. Baking.
 
I have been contemplating granola bars for awhile. The inexpensive ones I was buying before are obviously not acceptable any more. There are ones around that are Feingold approved but they are not inexpensive. And while I bought some for the first while it was not a long term solution. I had pinned three different granola bar recipes that I thought looked good and decided it was time to try one of them. My friend tried one of the ones I had pinned and said they were good so I thought I would try there. Here is the recipe I tried: http://www.laurenslatest.com/no-bake-chocolate-chip-granola-bars-easy-healthy/
 
I actually tripled the batch to fill a cookie sheet, then I cut them up and individually wrapped them in saran wrap so that the kids could grab and go with them. The one complaint we have with them is that they didn't stick together AT ALL. Although the taste was great. I did think that if I had cooked the granola it would have been great for breakfast. (without adding the chocolate) I would make them again, but might try one of the other recipes I have pinned to give them a try as well. The rice krispies are a little hard to find for me right now, and also expensive which may be another reason to try a different recipe next time. And I like to try new recipes too. What if I find one that is even better.



1 comment:

  1. Try adding more of your "binder" (honey or what even it is)!!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete